[Paraview] Out of memory when exporting animations

Thomas Witkowski Thomas.Witkowski at tu-dresden.de
Mon Dec 5 10:55:42 EST 2011

I had also success with using the 3.8 version. BUT, I think, this is
just a mere chance. In my case, the both versions, 3.8 and 3.10, seem
to be compiled against totally different libraries, especially OpenGL.
The 3.8 Version makes use of the NVIDIA OpenGL driver (there is also
an nvidia gpu to be used), whereas the 3.10 seems to make use of the
software OpenGL (not the mesa libraries). As I have no root access to
the system I cannot try to recompile the 3.10 version.

Utkarsh, to reproduce the scenario is quite simple: I have a bunch of
vtu files, one pvd file links to them. When stepping through the
timesteps, the memory usage of the remote x server increases.

Thomas