[Paraview] zlib python module in paraview superbuild

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 11:25:33 EDT 2011

Hi David,

The error message reported by the Python build itself reports that it
didn't find the necessary bits to build zlib:

Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules
were not found:
_bsddb             _sqlite3           bsddb185
bz2                dbm                dl
gdbm               imageop            readline
sunaudiodev        zlib
To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for
the module's name.

After digging through detect_modules and the CMake files I think the
issue is that detect_modules looks at CPPFLAGS.  I've tried modifying
External_Python.cmake with

set(ENV(CPPFLAGS) -I at ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR@)

but this did not seem to be propagated to the environment configure
read from, as config.log indicated that CPPFLAGS was set to the empty
string.

Any suggestions how to correctly thread this through?

Thanks,

Matt