[Paraview] Is there a way to get the Paraview version from within a python script in batch?

Albina, Frank frank.albina at sauber-motorsport.com
Wed Aug 24 08:28:22 EDT 2011

Dear All!
Is there a way to get the paraview version from within a python script?  I could get  the underlying VTK version with paraview.vtk.vtkVersion.GetVTKVersion(), but I could not manage to achieve the same with the paraview version, although it pops up to the output when performing: from paraview.simple import *.
Cheers,
Frank Albina.
Mail      frank.albina at sauber-motorsport.com<mailto:albina.frank at sauber-motorsport.com>
Web     http://www.sauber-motorsport.com<http://www.sauber-motorsport.com/>
P please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.