[Paraview] Distributing PVSC files (ParaView 4.0)

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 23 11:44:43 EDT 2011

Hi Utkarsh,

It sounds like you need a very flexible solution, or even multiple
solutions, given the variety of use cases you have to support.

You hit on a great point re python approach
> allows us to write code to discover informationabout the client/server
> and take appropriate action(s).
Which brings up another pvsc related issue could PV reliably find an
open port when constructing the ssh tunnel from PV over to the HPC site.
I don't think it's currently possible to script this.

Burlen