[Paraview] Distributing PVSC files (ParaView 4.0)

Angelini, Richard C USA CIV (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Mon Aug 22 08:07:58 EDT 2011

We have spent a lot of time and effort working with you guys to improve the functionality of PVSC files and now have them implemented extensively.    As you've pointed out, the next issue is to address is the distribution of PVSC files - in our environment, we want the distribution to be controlled.     For no good reason other than being totally paranoid, I don't want my connection definitions to be globally accessible.     I suppose that as long as the Server Sources dialog supports a connection to an authenticated web server, this would be a perfectly acceptable solution.

I'd be happy to work with you to test this implementation as it becomes available.
Rick Angelini
USArmy Research Laboratory
Computation Science&Engineering Branch/
ARL/DSRC (DoD Shared Resource Center)