[Paraview] ParaViewWeb build - PWServer

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Fri Aug 19 18:09:56 EDT 2011

Hi Max,

thanks for sharing that with others.

Based on the latest informations that you are providing, it seems that
you use the tomcat from the system.
In order to ease the testing/deployment process of ParaViewWeb, you
should first try to run your own tomcat as your own user that should
not be root.
But as tomcat seems to work as a daemon (root/tomcat6), you have to
make sure you did stop it before starting your own tomcat.
Moreover, if you don't want to fall on previous error, just remove all
log files, so when you start tomcat, you are sure that the new log
files contains only the information of the current session. (You can
do the same with the database directory of ParaViewWeb)

Moreover, don't try to hot deploy ParaViewWeb while tomcat is running.

Seb