[Paraview] Python - load state just like when using the GUI

Villads Egede s052397 at student.dtu.dk
Wed Aug 17 16:11:40 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Paraview but am trying to get a hang on it.

My problem is that I need to make some animations by loading different
datasets rendered the same way. After having looked at the state file
(pvsm) one can save in the GUI I thought it would be piece of cake to
open these ones via a Python script and then save a screenshot from
there (thus being able to replace the path to the dataset and then being
able to create the animation), but when I do that, all the view settings
are not loaded in contrast to when I do it through the GUI. Is there a
way to "execute" the settings from the state?

Best regards
Villads Egede, Denmark