[Paraview] differences between MS Windows version and Linux version

Pei-Ying Hsieh phsieh2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 08:48:40 EDT 2011

Dear Paraview developers/experts,

I am wondering what the differences are between MS Windows version and Linux version.

Using the Linux version (64 bit OS with 8 gb ram), paraview closed itself in the middle of rendering/saving images, while, the MS Windows version was able to complete the tasks - the same case file.  This is a transient case with 1000 time steps.

On a differnet case: steady state, but, has 5 million cells.  When I tried to generate velocity vector plot, paraview crashed and closed itself without completing generating the vector plot, while the MS Windows version was able to handle it.

I am using OpenSUSE 11.3 (and 11.4), 64 bit OS.  I have tried the Linux binary version and source code compiled from scratch on OpenSUSE.

For smaller cases, I have no issue with the Linux version.  I would think that the linux version will be more robust.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Pei-Ying