[Paraview] Programmable filter in parallel

Sean Ziegeler sean.ziegeler at nrlssc.navy.mil
Fri Aug 12 12:40:28 EDT 2011

I appear to be running into the same problem with my programmable
filter.  Since the Transform filter cannot scale rectilinear data, I
wrote the following programmable filter to do it:

zscale = 0.001
pdi = self.GetInput()
pdo = self.GetOutput()
pdo.ShallowCopy(pdi)
zsi = pdi.GetZCoordinates()
zso = vtk.vtkDoubleArray()
zso.DeepCopy(zsi)
zss = zso.GetSize()
for i in xrange(zss):
   zso.SetValue(i, zsi.GetValue(i)*zscale)
pdo.SetZCoordinates(zso)

Obviously, I need to update it to use the newer input/output names and
numpy arrays for speed, but it does work in serial.  However, it appears
to duplicate every point on every processor in parallel.  I've been
poring over the docs and experimenting, but I've yet to find a way to
use UPDATE_EXTENT properly in parallel with rectilinear data.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sean