[Paraview] Unstructured to structured...

Sohail Shafii sohailshafii at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 17:54:18 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've been wondering: would it be possible to take an unstructured grid using existing filters and make it into structured?  Here's why: I compute an iso-surface for a data set (resulting surface is unstructured subset of original structured data set), which needs to be compared against the cells of the original structured grid.  Specifically, I need to find out which cells of the original data set border the iso-surface, and which are inside.  All filters that do appending/combination of the contour and original (structured) data set create unstructured grids.

Thanks, Sohail