[Paraview] Paraview XDMF reader

Florian HOFFMANN Florian.Hoffmann at uni.lu
Mon Aug 8 09:38:24 EDT 2011

Just wanted to add some explanation to my previous post.
I'm working with XDMF in Paraview and would like to load two different XDMF files so I can have a different   glyph filter per data/file ("Change Input ..." in pipeline browser)
Unfortunately paraview crashes when I try to open a second xmf file (both files are correctly read when loaded one at a time). Is this a bug or are there any reasons one cannot load multiple xmf files ? Are there any restrictions concerning temporal or spatial collections ?
Could anyone point me towards a potential solution for my problem:
I would like to apply different glyph filters for different groups of particle data, thus showing different shapes (for example one group being of shape sphere whilst the other one having cylindrical shape )  ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Dipl.-Ing. Florian Hoffmann
PhD student

Université du Luxembourg
Faculté des Sciences, de la Technologie et de la Communication
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg-Kirchberg

Phone: (+352) 46 66 44 5505
Fax:     (+352) 46 66 44 5200