[Paraview] Stereo Rendering guts (non-cave) in ParaView...

Mathias Winkel win_wa at gmx.net
Fri Aug 5 01:49:19 EDT 2011

Dear Jeff,

I cannot really help you with your questions since i am not familiar
with the Paraview source. However, your email sounds as if you are
planning to - after understanding how stereo rendering is implemented in
Paraview - include some improvements there. If you do so, i would like
to propose some improvements that i was missing the last time i used
stereo rendering (correct me if some of these things have already been
implemented):

* none of the parameters of stereo projection (for example the eye
distance) seem to be user adjustable
* for stereo-mode with two-color glasses, their color cannot be
adjusted. Hence, you need glasses that fit to the paraview standard
colors as well as the monitor's color space. This is very inconvenient -
the possibility to give a color value for each eye would be very helpful.

Best Regards,

Mathias