[Paraview] Using Paraview with undefined length of data

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Wed Apr 27 17:59:52 EDT 2011

Hi Bastien,

There is a feature called live-data that is able to display time variant
data as it is produced by a simulation code.  The feature is currently
available in a branch of paraview, not the main release.  To use this
feature, the simulation code, or whatever external program is generating
data, must interface with a paraview library through fortran, c, c++ or
python.  The interface process is meant to be easy for a programming who is
familiar with VTK, but will require some effort if you are new to VTK and
cmake.  If you tell me a little more about your program that is collecting
sensor data (don't be afraid to go into detail...), maybe I can come up with
some ideas for how you could interface it with paraview.

Pat