[Paraview] [paraview] Cannot create object of type "vtkCSVImageReader"

papa ndéné NDIAYE pnwireframe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 05:12:37 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a reader and I get the error message above when trying
to open a file.
I am running Centos5 (64 bit)  and compiled paraview with Qt 4.6.3, VTK
5.2.1 and CMAKE 2.8.4.
the same goes for my reader plugin.
Here is my CmakeList.txt:
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)
     if(COMMAND cmake_policy)
      cmake_policy(SET CMP0003 NEW)
    endif(COMMAND cmake_policy)
FIND_PACKAGE(ParaView REQUIRED)
INCLUDE(${PARAVIEW_USE_FILE})
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES} ../)

ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(CSVImage "1.0"
  SERVER_MANAGER_XML CSVImage.xml
SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES vtkCVSImageReader.cpp
GUI_RESOURCE_FILES CSVImageGUI.xml
)

and I get error:

*vtkProcessModule (0xb621b30): Cannot create object of type
"vtkCSVImageReader".
while processing
Message 0 = New
  Argument 0 = string_value {vtkCSVImageReader}
  Argument 1 = id_value {149}*

when I change the CVS  to CSV (renaming the .cpp file too) I get another
error:

*paraview: symbol lookup error:
~/dev/CVSreader/libCSVImage.so: undefined symbol: _ZN17vtkCSVImageReaderC1Ev
***

which I do not understand since I built both paraview and the plugin on the
same computer

hope someone could help me.

Regards
papa