[Paraview] Block pqRenderView rendering

Gil Wertz gilwertz at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 05:32:14 EDT 2011

For those who are interested in, I used a little trick to do that by setting "NonInteractiveRenderDelay" to a high
value. ( I putted 3600 seconds => one hour )
I putted a " force render " button that ignore NonInteractiveRenderDelay value and render the mesh.

Problems are :
When I "force render", the NonInteractiveRenderDelay timer continue decrease. ( I would like the timer to stop )
When adding sources to the current pqRenderView, they are immediately rendered. ( I would like to avoid that and juste add them in a brute state like when manipulated)
Actually I have to put a high value to the NonInteractiveRenderDelay, but it could be nice to put it to -1 (or have a setter) and have it never to render except when "force render".

=> I work with 10Go or more data-set so I often need to move the mesh for long to find the correct vue, if it try to render it each time it's not practice.

PS: should I add a "Feature Request" ?

Gil
Wertz Gil
gilwertz at hotmail.com