[Paraview] Paraview v3.10.1/0 segmentation fault with MPI and MESA support on.

Albina, Frank frank.albina at sauber-motorsport.com
Wed Apr 20 05:22:02 EDT 2011

Hi Kevin!

Thank you very much for the support so far.

What I am trying to achieve is to have:
a) the whole paraview suite, i.e. paraview, pvbatch, pvserver built from scratch.
b) with X, independently of offscreen or onscreen rendering
c) with Mesa using xlib drivers:
   ./configure --prefix=/code/CFD/develop/opt/share/Mesa-7.9.2 --with-x --enable-gl-osmesa --build=x86_64-suse-linux --with-driver=xlib --enable-glu --enable-glw --enable-pic --enable-opengl

What I'd like to achieve is a stand-alone paraview version with X support, from which one can start pvserver for performing offscreen rendering via MESA. If one does not start the pvserver remotely, one should still be able to use paraview with onscreen rendering, still using MESA as the rendering engine (i.e. without system OpenGL support, in other words without GPU rendering). Please let me know if this is still unclear.

Following the steps on the paraview WIKI does not seem to work, unless I am mistaken, which I guess I am at the time being. Again, I had had no issues building and running paraview v3.8.1, whereas paraview v3.10.x is giving me a segmentation fault at screen start.

Thank you very much for the script anyway. I sure will make good use of it.

Cheers,

Frank.