[Paraview] Compiling with AVI support

Kit Chambers kit.chambers at rocktalkimaging.com
Tue Apr 19 16:54:02 EDT 2011

Hi all,

When i compile paraview 3.10.0 from source it is unable to save
animations as AVI.

The system is RHEL5 - 64 bit. I have compiled with it linked against
ffmpeg which I installed from source as per
http://www.vtk.org/VTK/resources/software.html#addons

In CMake I have specified:
VTK_USE_FFMPEG_ENCODER        ON
FFMPEG_INCLUDE_DIR                   ffmpegDir/include
FFMPEG_avcodec_LIBRARY           ffmpegDir/lib//libavcodec.so
FFMPEG_avformat_LIBRARY          ffmpegDir/lib/libavformat.so
FFMPEG_avutil_LIBRARY                ffmpegDir/lib/libavutil.so

Everything compiles, but when I go to use the save as animation option
only png/jpg and tiff are available. Is there something I'm missing
here? or are there any suggestions as to how to get to the bottom of
this? Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Kit