[Paraview] accessing additional options on PV filter

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Apr 19 17:05:10 EDT 2011

I wouldn't use python, instead use an XML plugin. See:
   http://paraview.org/Wiki/Plugin_HowTo#XML_Only

What you want to do is:
1) copy the entry for that filter out of filters.xml
2) change the name for the proxy
3) add properties to let ParaView know about the VTK methods that it
does not yet
4) load the plugin as described on the wiki

Also note that online help current hasn't been current in a long time.
Since 3.10, everyone should now refer to
  http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Users_Guide/Table_Of_Contents
instead.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.