[Paraview] Paraview v3.10.1/0 segmentation fault with MPI and MESA support on.

Arjun Yadav y-arjun.az at srigroup.co.jp
Tue Apr 19 02:10:10 EDT 2011

Try messa 7.7.1

We use paraview3.10.0 and messa7.7.1 with mpi support. It does work.

Arjun

<david.partyka at kitware.com>
MESA support on.
>送信日時 : 2011/04/19 15:00:32
>
>Hi Kevin!
>
>Thanks a lot for the offer. To be honest, I am still having trouble to run
paraview v3.10.0/v3.10.1 to have CPU rendering only with additional X
support.

>On the one hand, I am performing the same configuration steps with CMake
as for paraview 3.8.1, for which I have had no issues whatsoever wrt.
running paraview in this configuration for the last 4 months. I am relying
heavily on paraview for post-processing simulation results and it runs on
my compute cluster daily in parallel.

>On the other hand, performing the same configuration steps with CMake for
paraview 3.10.0 or 3.10.1 creates an executable which cannot run without
producing a segmentation fault, which does appear just after the logo
window has popped up. For information, I am compiling the paraview sources
from scratch.

>I have been having the issue on two different computers now: one Linux
x86_64 workstation running under SuSE SLES10 and one Linux x86_64 laptop
running under OpenSuSE 11.1. It is not a compiler issue, since I have been
able to reproduce the problem using different compilers versions (i.e. gcc
v4.1.2, v4.5.1, v4.5.2 and v4.6.0) on the same architecture.

>Here are the settings I am using by default:
>
>//Path to a file.
>OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/code/CFD/develop/opt/share/Mesa-7.9.2/include
>//Path to a library.
>OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/code/CFD/develop/opt/share/Mesa-7.9.2
/lib/libGL.so
>//Path to a library.
>OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/code/CFD/develop/opt/share/Mesa-7.9.2
/lib/libGLU.so
>//Path to a file.
>OPENGL_xmesa_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/code/CFD/develop/opt/share/Mesa-7.9.2
/include
>//Path to a file.
>OSMESA_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/code/CFD/develop/opt/share/Mesa-7.9.2/include
>//Path to a library.
>OSMESA_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/code/CFD/develop/opt/share/Mesa-7.9.2
/lib/libOSMesa.so
>//Build classes for the X11 window system.
>VTK_USE_X:BOOL=ON
>//
>VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA:BOOL=ON
>
>Note that the same problem arises also on the Linux workstation using Mesa
v7.10.1 and v7.10.2.

>Mesa v7.9.2 was compiled using the following steps:
>
>> make realclean
>> ./configure --prefix=/code/CFD/develop/opt/share/Mesa-7.9.2 --with-x
--enable-gl-osmesa --build=x86_64-suse-linux --with-driver=xlib
--enable-glu --enable-glw --enable-pic --enable-opengl
>> make -j 4
>> make install
>
>Furthermore, the problem does not arise when I am disabling MPI support
(i.e. VTK_USE_MPI:INTERNAL=OFF)  or having "conventional" OpenGL support
with MPI enabled (i.e. using system OpenGL libraries and MPI support).

>Here is the list of libraries I am using for the build of paraview with
MPI, MESA and PYTHON support:
>+ Mesa v7.9.2
>+ OpenMPI v1.4.3
>+ Python v2.7.1
>+ Qt v4.6.3
>
>Paraview v3.8.1 was compiled with the following library versions:
>+ Mesa v7.7.1
>+ OpenMPI v1.4.3
>+ Python v2.7
>+ Qt v4.6.2
>
>I would be very grateful if you could help me find out was I could be
doing wrong. Again, the procedure works for paraview v3.8.1, so I am quite
at loss when it does not work anymore for paraview v3.10.x.

>Please, let me know if you need more information.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Frank.

MESA support on.

http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView