[Paraview] making movies in ParaView

Ivo Roghair ivoroghair at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 02:05:05 EDT 2011

If you did not build with FFMPEG, but if you have it installed, try the command

ffmpeg -qscale 3 -r 30 -b 40000 -i filename.%04d.png movie-output.avi

For mencoder, a similar command exists. Otherwise, you can try using
'avidemux', a graphical user interface where you can open the first of
the images, it will use all images to make a movie.

Finally, png's are usually much nicer for this type of graphics, since
they don't display artefacts.

Cheers
Ivo