[Paraview] Python Macro group macros, scripts with user input, arrangement of filters and bug in trace

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Thu Apr 14 15:11:14 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am using quite a few python macros for my daily work. Mostly this
works quite nice! Unfortunately I do not find a way, how to arrange some
to certain groups. E.g. I would like to group macros for setting certain
views and other to a group, where special filters are adjusted. Is it
somehow possible to get a sub-menu entry for the groups?

For some macros it would be great, if I can give further user input. I
there a best way how to do it? Maybe, it is even possible that small
window with a list of options opens up!?

In addition to this I would like to create sub-menus for own filters. Is
there a way to do this? Probably I could create a python macro for this,
but then the list of macros would rise... and it will be even more
difficult to get an overview.

At the end, I would like to mention, that in 3.10.0 using the python
trace, there was no recording of the camera zoom (I think it was missing
for saving certain camera settings from the main windows as well)... I
will now check it for 3.10.1.

Would be great, if you have some hints!
Thanks advance!
Fabian