[Paraview] Paraveiw 3.10.0 error with loading ANSYS data

Muxuan Wang muxuan311 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:33:11 EDT 2011

Hi All,

	I am a new to paraview. I got errors with loading ANSYS .inp to paraview 3.10.0.

	I was using ANSYS workbench for structural analysis. I modeled a simple FE solid model with 1728 nodes and 225 elements and then applied force on it to see the deformation. I exported the simulation data to .inp file from ANSYS workbench and then import to the new released Paraview. But I got errors as follows:

------------------
Warning: In /Users/partyd/Kitware/ParaView-3.10/source/VTK/Filtering/vtkDataObject.cxx, line 910
vtkUnstructuredGrid (0x1239d9d80): Attempted to ShallowCopy from null.
ERROR: In /Users/partyd/Kitware/ParaView-3.10/source/Utilities/VisItBridge/visit_vtk/full/vtkUnstructuredGridRelevantPointsFilter.C, line 92
vtkUnstructuredGridRelevantPointsFilter (0x1253d6910): No data to Operate On!

What I did in Paraview was opening the file and select the .inp file and then hit apply.  And then the errors came out. The errors indicated no data to operate on, but there are nodes data and elements data in the file.

Does anybody know why? Is it because the different versions of ANSYS might generate different .inp file format? (I was using ANSYS workbench. ) The most recent documentation didn't indicate which version of  ANSYS that paraview can read.

Please somebody help me ! Thank you very much!

Sincerely
Krolen