[Paraview] VisIt Database Bridge - Custom Plugin of VisIt Reader

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Mon Apr 11 08:25:22 EDT 2011

Hi Simon,

You do not need to place the CMakeLists.txt inside ParaView at all to
build a plugin. You just need to set that folder as the source folder
for CMake, and set a different directory as the plugin build
directory. After that you will need to set ParaView_DIR to your
ParaView build directory.

I would also look over: http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Plugin_HowTo for
my information on building plugins.

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Simon Su <newsgroup4ssu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have silo plugin working and now I would like to try out adding my own
> VisIt database plugin to ParaView.
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/VisIt_Database_Bridge mentioned how to write the
> CMakeLists.txt file but where do I need to place the files ( CMakeLists.txt,
> and avtMyReaderFileFormat.C) in the source tree of ParaView to be pickup by
> the cmake process?
>
> thanks
> -simon

Robert Maynard