[Paraview] [paraview] Texture Map To Plane

Brian Panneton brian.panneton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 10:05:50 EDT 2011

I am able to somewhat get what I need. I need to first create the plane
using vtkPlaneSource and then apply the vtkTextureMapToPlane. However, this
will only show up as a blank plane in the 3D view. I can manually apply the
image, but I would prefer to have it load automatically. Is there something
that I am missing?

Here is what I have:

[code]
 vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageReader2Factory> imageFactory =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageReader2Factory>::New();
 vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageReader2> reader =
      imageFactory->CreateImageReader2(filename);
 reader->SetFileName(filename);
 reader->Update();

vtkSmartPointer<vtkPlaneSource> plane =
    vtkSmartPointer<vtkPlaneSource>::New();
plane->SetCenter( e, s, 0.0);
plane->SetNormal(0.0, 0.0, 1.0);
plane->SetOrigin( e, s, 0);
plane->SetPoint1( e, n, 0);
plane->SetPoint2( w, s, 0);
plane->SetXResolution(1);
plane->SetYResolution(1);
plane->Update();

vtkSmartPointer<vtkTextureMapToPlane> texturePlane =
    vtkSmartPointer<vtkTextureMapToPlane>::New();
texturePlane->SetAutomaticPlaneGeneration(false);
texturePlane->SetOrigin(w, s, 0);
texturePlane->SetPoint1(e, s, 0);
texturePlane->SetPoint2(w, n, 0);
texturePlane->SetInput(plane->GetOutput());
texturePlane->Update();

mbds->SetBlock(1, texturePlane->GetOutput());
[/code]