[Paraview] some points are not shown

Bart Vandewoestyne Bart.Vandewoestyne at telenet.be
Thu Apr 7 07:34:31 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 06:17:00AM -0400, David E DeMarle wrote:
> The points representation shows only the vertices of the external
> cells (ditto for edges representation).

I'm confused.  Looking at the online help at

http://paraview.org/OnlineHelpCurrent/ViewMenu.html#Representation
http://paraview.org/OnlineHelpCurrent/Display.html#Style

it is written

"[...] Selecting Points displays the vertices of the dataset as points.
The Wireframe option shows all the edges of the cells in the
dataset as lines. [...]"

Note that it is written 'the vertices of the dataset' and 'all
the edges of the cells' from which one (mistakenly?) deduces that
*all* points and *all* cells are shown?  But apparently this is
not how it works???

> Apply a glyph filter with a 2D Glyph -> VERTEX to make the internal
> ones visible as well.

OK.  This helps.  To get an even better visualization of my
Points, I've applied a Glyph filter with Sphere as a Glyph Type.
Now I see all my 20 points, but the wireframe is still wrong:

http://www.kuleuven-kortrijk.be/~bartv/screenshot_paraview.png

Note that:

1) no interior edges are shown

2) there are points on the surface of the tetrahedron that are
not connected to any edge... from which i deduce that the 'cells'
which are currently visible do not match with the cells that I
have defined in my .vtu file.

How can I make sure that the wireframe representation is
*exactly* the cell-configuration that I have specified in my .vtu
file?

Kind regards,
Bart

--
	"Share what you know.  Learn what you don't."