[Paraview] particle tracing and particle tails help

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Apr 7 04:59:05 EDT 2011

The data looks like rubbish to me. Points jump around in seemingly random sequences.

Either ...

1) time steps are too large

2) ID's are not consistent so partice N is not being correctly tracked.

3) (particles are being destroyed and recreated and reusing ID's from previous particles)

using the test data you uploaded, I used 'find data' to extract particles between ID 1 and 50, then added a particlepathlines filter and let it run. Looks rubbish. Also you seem to have a periodic boundary, so I set the max step size to 20, (your box seems to be 25 across), the max step size is useful for solving periodic boundaries and issue 3) above.

you need better data to get a decent animation.

JB

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CBF512.CA9B1A50]