[Paraview] When is vtkPolyDataAlgorithm::RequestData called in ParaView?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Apr 4 13:25:37 EDT 2011

RequestData is called only when the algorithm itself is modified (by
the properties panel) or its input is modified, or the request such as
time changes. In ParaView, fiters won't be re-executed on every
render. However, if that's what you want to do, you can write a python
script or a plugin to mark the filter modified on before every render
by changing some property on the fiter.