[Paraview] Can't run VTKAVIWRITER - Unable to compress avi file error

David Partyka david.partyka at kitware.com
Fri Apr 1 13:38:56 EDT 2011

Do you have windows media player installed? I have a feeling the old codec
(CVID) that we use isn't carried around anymore in Windows 7.

If you're building from source you could try putting vtkAVIWRiter.cxx, line
59 and change CVID to MSVC like so. That will use an even older codec if it
is available.

this->SetCompressorFourCC("MSVC");