[Paraview] Saving image in VTK format

Sara Rolfe smrolfe at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 21 16:58:25 EDT 2010

Thanks for your reply!  I'm not having any trouble reading the
original unstructured points as an image, but I didn't see why the
data type was getting switched to an unstructured grid.

Now I've realize this was done by ExtractCellsByRegion, which makes
sense.  I switched to Extract Subset, which outputs structured points,
and this works just fine.  However, the ROI selection is pretty
limited since it only allows the selection using a cube, from what I
can tell.  I've also tried Extract Selection, but Paraview crashes
each time I try to use the selection tools.

Any tips on a better way to do this would be appreciated!

Sara