[Paraview] mapping unstructured grid onto regular grid

Dan Lussier dan.lussier at sjc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 10 15:47:29 EDT 2010

I would like to map an unstructured grid (describing particle data
with per particle attributes I would like interpolated onto the
regular grid) onto a regular mesh.  I am trying to use the 'Resample
With Dataset' filter but have not been having much luck.

Here are a few of the issues I've been having:

- Which item is the "Source" and the "Input" , the unstructured grid
with particle data, or the regular mesh?

- Will the properties associated with the particle data come through
the filter albeit in an interpolated form?

If anyone has a working example out there of this filter in action it
would be great if you could post it.

Thanks.