[Paraview] 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator support

Dr. X xunlei at renci.org
Wed Sep 8 15:21:20 EDT 2010

 Hi All,

I would like to use SpaceNavigator to control camera view in ParaView's
main renderwindow. I realized 3Dconnexion has been integrated into VTK
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/VTK/3DConnexion_Devices_Support
By turning on UseTDx in
vtkRenderWindowInteractor::vtkRenderWindowInteractor()
{
this->UseTDx=true;//false; // 3DConnexion device.
}
VTK example Cone5 can be controlled by the SpaceNavigator. I am
wondering what will be needed to switch paraview's main render window's
camera control to 3DConnexion device. So far, I have tried modifying
vtkRenderWindowInteractor.cxx as above and
QVTKWidget::QVTKWidget()
{
this->UseTDx=true;//false;
}
in QVTKWidget.cxx. None of them seems to propagate the effect to
paraview application. Can anyone provide some hint?
Thanks so much.

Best,
xunlei