[Paraview] Time dependent data : timestep read from file

Ptibou Ptibou ptibou31 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 06:33:12 EDT 2010

High,

I'm using ParaView 3.8.

I have written a VTK file with timestep information with VTK (XML file).
When I open the file in ParaView, the timestep information are displayed in
the Object Inspector View (Propreties, Display Information).
For each timestep, the Information widget displays an index and a value. But
the value is always the same as the index...

I look at the code for vtkXMLReader, and it seems that the reader stores
only the index, not the value...
Is it possible to display these values in the ParaView Widget without
writing code ?

Here is an beginning of my file xhere you can see the TimeValues :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<VTKFile type="UnstructuredGrid" version="0.1" byte_order="LittleEndian"
compressor="vtkZLibDataCompressor">
  <UnstructuredGrid  TimeValues="
10.56
20.4324