[Paraview] dashboards run with installed version?

Dave Partyka dave.partyka at kitware.com
Wed Oct 27 13:51:45 EDT 2010

The installation of third party libraries (by BundleUtilities) is controlled
by PARAVIEW_INSTALL_THIRD_PARTY_LIBRARIES, which is default OFF. I can
most certainly turn it OFF (especially for Linux) by default. That will
result in no Qt, FFMPEG, Python, etc libraries being installed in
<blah>/lib/paraview-3.x. If you don't have Qt (for example) in usr/lib
though, you will have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH appropriately.

Anyone object to PARAVIEW_INSTALL_THIRD_PARTY_LIBRARIES being defaulted to
OFF on Linux?