[Paraview] compile problem for manta plugin on git master

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Oct 21 14:16:28 EDT 2010

There are tradeoffs to using the leading edge or latest stable release of
any project.

With leading edge you get the latest bug fixes but also the latest bugs.

Likewise you get features as soon as they appear but if you are writing code
you have to deal with the way features change more rapidly. Although a pain
at times, that is actually good because it gives you advanced warning about
what needs to be changed before the next release

Lastly, although we try our best to keep master stable with dashboards and
such, some days the code is just broken. The new branchy workflow should
significantly help with that.

As for today the dashboards aren't in great shape but ParaView appears to be
working for the most part.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer