[Paraview] Re : How to add vector/scalar field as attributes to a vtkPointSet (vtkPolyData, ...)?

R M mlokida at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 13 09:47:48 EDT 2010

Here's what I have done:

//output is a vtkPolyData

int nbComponents = 2;

vtkSmartPointer<vtkFloatArray> dataToAdd =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkFloatArray>::New();

vtkIdType nbElems = output->GetNumberOfCells();
int size = nbElems * nbComponents;

dataToAdd->SetNumberOfComponents(2);
dataToAdd->SetNumberOfTuples(size);
dataToAdd->SetName(name);

int cpt = 0;
for(unsigned int i = 0; i < values.size(); i += 2)
{
    dataToAdd->InsertTuple2(cpt, values[i], values[i+1]);
    cpt++;
}

output->GetCellData()->AddArray(dataToAdd);

Everything is ok and I can see elements that are colored corresponding to the
magnitude, x and y components.

But now, If I want to display gliph of these velocities I can't. Only attibutes
attached to the points are presents.  So, What is the way to display gliphs of
attributes that are attached to some elements.

Thank you.