[Paraview] display thrid dimension of nc file

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Sat Nov 20 12:27:38 EST 2010

The issue may or may not be related to the nan values.  It is certainly possible that something in ParaView is crashing when encountering a NaN.  Until recently, there was no support whatsoever for NaN, and there is still plenty of code on VTK/ParaView that was not written with NaN in mind and could conceivably crash.

That said, I just tried loading in a netCDF data set with NaN values then running extract surface and warp by scalars and it worked just fine.  Could you send the group an example data set?

-Ken