[Paraview] reading a stack of TIFF images

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Thu Nov 18 12:40:34 EST 2010

[Please keep the discussion in the mailing list so that others can benefit from it.]

The answer to the question raised below is that my PYTHONPATH includes both:

/local/apps/ParaView3Build/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/site-packages

and

/local/apps/ParaView3Build/VTK/Wrapping/Python

I tried your method but get some error message, which I do not completely understand. I'm fairly new to ParaView an Python, so maybe my problem quite simple to you. If you could provide me any help on this, I would be very graceful.

I'm using ParaView 3.8.1 (64 -bit) on a Mac OS 10.6 system.

When I try to re-implent your method, I get the error message:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 24, in <module>
> File "<string>", line 3, in RequestData
> ImportError: No module named vtk

I fixed this by adding paraview to the import line:
> from paraview import vtk
instead of
> import vtk

But then I get another error stating:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 24, in <module>
> File "<string>", line 5, in RequestData
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'vtkTIFFReader'

Did you ever come across this type of error during your TIFF-import?