[Paraview] animation in ParaView

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Nov 18 08:35:33 EST 2010

No, ParaView does not interpolate data (unless you explicitly applied
such a filer in the pipeline). HOwever, ParaView will render each and
every frame even if you expected nothing to change in that frame. So,
if your data is large, there's not much one can do but to wait for the
300 frames to render. Unless you have 300 timesteps however, you don't
need to render 300 frames. Try reducing the frame rate and the number
of frames and you may be able to get by with an animation of the same
length (in time) using lesser number of frames.

Utkarsh