[Paraview] Bonds representation

Ken Olum kdo at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Nov 17 14:20:28 EST 2010

   From: "Eric E. Monson" <emonson at cs.duke.edu>
   Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:09:08 -0500

   I haven't used the Tube filter very much, but it looks like e.g. if
   you have two points which define a polydata line, it ignores "cell
   data", which would be defined on the line itself connecting the
   points, but it can use the "point data", which would be an
   attribute defined on the two points at the ends of the lines.

Actually, Tube is willing to use cell data also, but I encountered a
problem with that.  I would like to display a tube with each segment a
different color.  If I write a polydata file with a series of points
connected by a single line going through all of them, then Tube
generates a beautiful tube, but it can only make it one color because
there's only one cell.  If I create a sperate polydata line between
every pair of consecutive points, then Tube is happy to color each of
these segments differently according to cell data, but it does not
connect the segments into a single tube, so it has holes and overlaps
at the corners.

If instead I use point data, then the colors change smoothly from one
vertex to another, which is not what I want.

Anyone know a solution?  Thanks.

                                        Ken