[Paraview] How to use a filter in a Python script?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Nov 3 11:20:47 EDT 2010

Hey Hamilton,

You should also try using the Python Trace (and Trace State) functionality now built into ParaView. After (or while) you set up your pipeline in ParaView this will give you a Python script to accomplish the same thing. This page tells a bit about the current (git) version:

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Python_GUI_Tools

You'll see the Start Trace and Trace State if you go to Tools->Python Shell, and then click on the Trace tab on the right of the panel.

-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group