[Paraview] Problems HDF5_ENABLE_PARALLEL

Tobias Brandvik tbrandvik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 08:05:35 EDT 2010

Hi all,

When turning on HDF5_ENABLE_PARALLEL, the XDMF reader hangs. Without
it, everything works fine (even when running the server in parallel).
Parallel HDF5 works fine on the system in other applications (the file
I'm trying to read in was created with parallel HDF5). This is on a
64-bit Linux cluster with with a Lustre file system and a recent
Paraview 3.9 from CVS, compiled with Mesa support. Is this feature
supposed to work? If so, I would be grateful for any hints on what I
should try. Also, I seem to remember there being an option to use a
user-supplied version of HDF5 - is this still available/recommended? I
couldn't find the correct CMAKE option for it.

Best wishes,
Tobias

---
Tobias Brandvik
PhD Student
Whittle Laboratory, University of Cambridge
1 JJ Thomson Avenue
Cambridge CB3 0DY, UK