[Paraview] Trying to load PyQt4.QtGui on windows

m.c.wilkins at massey.ac.nz m.c.wilkins at massey.ac.nz
Sun May 30 19:36:38 EDT 2010

Hi,

Typing 'import PyQt4.QtGui' into the python shell in paraview 3.8.0 on
Windows XP fails with:

>>> import PyQt4.QtGui
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I haven't had paraview on this machine before, in fact I just installed
paraview for the first time on this windows machine.  The machine does have
python and VTK on it, but I have removed my PYTHONPATH environment variable,
and any references to those directories from my PATH.  Still the problem remains.