[Paraview] Add Icon to a Custom Applications (PV 3.8.0)

Salman SHAHIDI salshahidi at gmail.com
Sat May 29 13:39:25 EDT 2010

Hi All,
I have created Qt-based custom visualization applications using ParaView's
Parallel Visualization framework (Version 3.8.0). I am trying to figure out
how to add an icon to this application. I have added these two yellow lines
in my CMakeLists.txt file in order to assign the WinIcon.ico to my
application:
# Build the client
build_paraview_client(liuppa_viewer
    TITLE "LIUPPA Viewer (ParaView-based Example Application)"
    ORGANIZATION  "LIUPPA Viewer Coorporation"
    VERSION_MAJOR 1
    VERSION_MINOR 0
    VERSION_PATCH 1
    SPLASH_IMAGE "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/LIUPPAsplash.png"
-->    BUNDLE_ICON   "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/WinIcon.ico"
-->   APPLICATION_ICON  "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/WinIcon.ico"
    REQUIRED_PLUGINS LIUPPAViewerPlugin

    GUI_CONFIGURATION_XMLS
      ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/SupportedReader.xml
)

No error displayed in compiling and build, but it does not work (still no
icon )
Any advise is much appreciated.

Salman SHAHIDI