[Paraview] pvbatch + LoadState('..') +XDMF = empty image

Jens jens-devel at gmx.de
Fri May 28 15:27:20 EDT 2010

Hi Utkarsh,

The problem is related to bug 10775
(http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=10775) and hyperslabs in XDMF.
I attached an example which should reproduce the problems I discribe now:

hyperslab on its own:
pv 3.6.2: loading test.xmf->dataset u_without_hyperslab works fine
pv 3.8.0: loading test.xmf->dataset u_without_hyperslab works fine
pv 3.6.2: loading test.xmf->dataset u_with_hyperslab works fine
=>!! pv 3.8.0: loading test.xmf->dataset u_with_hyperslab _segfaults_

hyperslab and "Load/Save State":
pv 3.6.2: loading test_nohyper.pvsm works fine (contour is visible)
pv 3.8.0: loading test_nohyper.pvsm works fine (contour is visible)
=>! pv 3.6.2: loading test_withhyper.pvsm fails (contour _NOT_ visible)
=>!! pv 3.8.0: loading test_withhyper.pvsm _segfaults_

XDMF+hyperslab never worked with "Load State". pv 3.6.2 loads the
pipeline but does not load the hyperslab-dataset. pv 3.8.0 segfaults as
it does loading hyperslab-datasets anyway.

I hope you can reproduce the behaviour (the bugreport also has a
backtrace attached).
It would be great, if this problem could be fixed. But I am happy now to
know its the hyperslab .. that's the first step to a bugfix :)

Greetings
Jens