[Paraview] Calculator Filter

Michael Deveau 098089d at acadiau.ca
Sun May 23 13:32:09 EDT 2010

Hi, hopefully you can help me with my issue.

I'd like to do some calculations involving some vector data, but it keeps
throwing an error.

(iHat*abs(2DVEL_X))+(jHat*abs(
2DVEL_Y))+(kHat*0)

I think what's happening is that ParaView expects an operator between the 2
and the D. However, the 2 is part of the variable name. Is there a way to
tell ParaView this, such as an escape character or a way to enclose the
variable name?

I'd like to not have to rename the variables in the file, because I'm not in
charge of the data. If there is a way I can do that in ParaView, that would
work as well, I think.

I've just started using ParaView, so hopefully I'm not missing something
obvious, but thanks in advance for your help.

~ Michael Deveau