[Paraview] How to set the default executive to vtkCompositeDataPipeline?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri May 21 13:10:59 EDT 2010

ParaView's default Executive type is vttkCompositeDataPipeline, see
vtkSMSourceProxy for where that is done.

Only two sourceproxies don't use that default, grep for the executive
tag in the XML configuration to see which ones.

If you are looking for examples of how to make a reader/source that
produces composite data I recommend vtkDataObjectGenerator. That can
produce multiblock and amr data if you give it the right program
string.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer