[Paraview] About 2D Glyph orientation

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri May 14 07:51:06 EDT 2010

Hey Luc,

One option you have with many things like this is, once you create your complicated filter you can create a "custom filter" out of it, and just expose the parameters you need to adjust. I'll attach an example (where all I exposed was the glyph type and filled/not -- I'm sure in a real use case you'd also want to expose the scaling factor, etc).

To load this go to Tools->Manage Custom Filters and click Import. To create one you highlight all of the elements you want to include and then go to Tools->Create Custom Filter. Here's a page the might get you started:

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Custom_Filters

Good luck,
-Eric