[Paraview] Paraview 3.8 RC2 makes the whole X restart

Rick Angelini rick.angelini at us.army.mil
Fri May 14 07:47:51 EDT 2010

On Thursday, I was debugging an issue between 3.6.2, 3.8.0RC2 and the
3.9.0 development tree.    My version of Paraview built against the GL
libraries (not Mesa) and the command "pvbatch --use-offscreen-rendering"
worked using 3.6.2 and 3.9.0, but failed against 3.8.0RC1 and RC2.
There were a couple of error messages pointing to the GL libraries, so I
upgraded my nVidia driver, and the problem went away.  Does it make
sense - no.   But, sometimes, you just go with whatever works ......