[Paraview] About 2D Glyph orientation

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed May 12 09:08:52 EDT 2010

Hey Luc,

If I understand you correctly, you want 2D glyphs on your points, but you want them oriented according to the normal vectors you've read from your file?

If you apply the Glyph filter to your data set, and then choose 2D Glyph from the Glyph Type combo-box, then you can set the type of 2d glyphs to Circle. If you want them to be oriented by the normals you've calculated, then just make sure the Orient check-box is checked, and your normals are chosen in the Vectors combo-box. I'll attach an example screen shot of the output so you can see if this is what you're looking for. (Note, I've also checked Filled to fill in the circles, but this isn't necessary.)

If I'm misunderstanding your question, feel free to rephrase it and we'll try again. :)

-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group