[Paraview] 3.8 RC2 binaries: still a bug in line charts

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon May 10 13:36:45 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 4:54 AM, Richard GRENON <richard.grenon at onera.fr>wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have just tested the 3.8 RC2 binaries (Linux 64). If some 3.8 RC1 bugs
> have been solved in line charts (points 1 and 2 in my previous mail about
> 3.8 RC1 regression in line chart), it is still impossible to change the
> default "bottom-left" axis system for another system with top or right axis.
>
> Hi Richard,

I committed some fixes for this in ParaView/VTK master, the commit IDs are
in the bug report notes,

http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=10387

The patch is quite big, and so we will have to wait until the 3.8.2 release
to integrate them (it will be one of the first changes to be merged after
the final tagging for ParaView). So in the short term I will remove those
elements from the display panel for the line charts, and add them back in
once the 3.8 branch has tagged.

It was necessary to refactor quite a lot of the logic in the vtkChartXY
class to deal with effectively having four plots in each chart, manage four
transforms, and sharing axes between the up to four plots. Please let me
know if you experience further issues after applying the changes.

Thanks,

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.